Gefjon release 0.5
This release was not really in the roadmap so the next two planned releases have been bumped to 0.6 and 0.7 respectively when this one stole the 0.5 number.
One of our customers and others have been asking for a while for important new functionality and this has now been implemented and deployed so we thought a release is in order. :)
What Gefjon contains? Here is the laundry list:
- Moved Magma one more step forward (from r41Gamma1 to r42Alpha4)
- Moved to a new Magma session pool that works differently.
- Moved up to latest Seaside 2.8a1 (pmm-582) and Scriptaculous (lr-245)
- Moved to latest Seaside28Jetsam (kph.75)
- Gjallar itself version 401 (Q2 package):
- Global registry of Organisations
- Ability to associate users with an organisation
- New "user type" mechanism offering Regular/External/Reporter types. Regular and Reporter work almost like before.
- External user type which given an associated organisation allows external people (=customers) to track cases that originates from their own organisation without being able to see anything else.
- Filter in subscriptions disabled for now, they are not yet fully usable.
- Status field in tables uses color coding (red, gray, green).
- Free text indexing much improved and now indexes many more fields, like filenames of attachments, user names in roles and selections in drop down menus.
- More calculated fields available in Reports.
- "Tooltip" on persons/users now only shows fields with values entered.
- Lots of smaller bug fixes and lots of refactorings regarding the new user types system.
For more info about user types, see User types explained.
Get it here: