In december 2008 we started a port of Gjallar to GemStone (see also pricing info). Mikael Kindborg made the first stab at this and in january 2009 Igor Stasenko picked it up and moved the port forward to almost completion.
Status: 90% working
Left to do
- Filters. The implementation of Q2Filter and friends in Squeak/Magma relies both on Magma specific query functionality and Squeak code compilation facilities. This is a bit complicated.
- Files & Directories . done.
- Swish-e indexing (currently working on)
- write down a manual installation procedure
- G/S installation scripts
Gjallar loading instructions
- run squeak with gemtools
- turn on autocommit/automigrate
- open monticello, and add repository http://mc.gjallar.se
- open repository
- now load packages in following order:
- turn off autocommit/automigrate
open workspace and doit:
Q2Log initializeClass "some problem with initialization"
now you can open browser, and try it out.