This is the current "product backlog" for Gjallar. This will later be moved into a Gjallar instance, but for the moment we maintain this page.
See each sprint for its own "spring backlog".
This is a prioritized list of items from which we pick stuff to do in each sprint. Göran Krampe maintains this list. "DOD" means Definition Of Done for that particular item. The second list is not yet finalized with DOD and a proper number etc, do not pick from that list!
- Port Gjallar to Gemstone 2.3 (GLASS)
- DOD: We can run Gjallar in GLASS with working Graphviz and Swish-e. SOAP-API, ODBC-support, LDAP-support is not included.
- (1)Review existing unit tests and fix those that do not work, or move them to HalfBakedOrBroken.
- DOD: Tests are green and can be run either mocked or with full Magma.
- (2)Add a few more specific events: "Case I am responsible for note added", "Case I am responsible for modified", "Case I am responsible for changed status", "Case I am responsible for changed stage"
- Hint: Look through subclasses of Q2Event and references to those classes.
- DOD: Events exist in Subscription UI and there are unit tests that verify that they get triggered.
- (3)Implement "nosy lists" a la Roundup (automatic assignment as "Interested" when included in CCs in notes, this is done only on creation today). Make it a Process setting.
- DOD: This is almost done today, not sure about the checkbox in the note editor though. If we use nosy lists then there should be no possibility to NOT send email when adding a note. Manual test.
- (4)Add support for moving a case by clicking on the graph (use code done by Keith in his ProcessEditor)
- Today you need to enable a Process plugin in order to be able to move a case in the workflow graph. This is silly, you should be able to do it by clicking either on a specific transition (arrow) or a stage.
- If the user clicks on a transition that is green (has no validation error), then we move the case.
- If the user clicks on a transition that is red we inform the user that the transition is not valid. We use Lightbox or similar "modal dialog" mechanism to do it.
- If the user clicks on a stage to which there is more than one green transition or to which there is no green transition, we inform the user too.
- Code for imagemaps etc should be available in the Q2PE classes (Keith's Process editor).
- DOD: Manual test and demo of clicking.
- (5)Add support for browser back button as should be done according to Seaside practice. This involves going through most View-classes.
- Learn how this works in Seaside now and find out if we can just follow the "correct practice". If so, go through all view classes and fix them so that it works.
- DOD: Demo shows it seems to work for most obvious cases.
- (6)Add lightbox (or similar) to easily make "modal dialogs" for confirmations and warnings etc.
- Investigate if Seaside has support for Lightbox or similar and use it for modal inform/confirm dialogs. Gjallar today uses more or less no such dialogs.
- DOD: A simple example of an inform dialog can be demoed.
- (7)Add color coding for stages in Stage field.
- There is currently a hard coded trivial color coding for "Status"-field. We should be able to define colors for the different stages too, not sure if we want to show them in the graph though, but the field in the table might help with different colors.
- DOD: Disregarding an admin UI for this, there should be code in Q2Process initializing a default color scheme for stages (?) and the colors should be visible in the field when rendered in a table.
- (8)Add color coding in "Last 5 visited" list to the left
- The "recent cases" list in the left panel can show much more than it does right now, for example: validation icon (red/green), existence of notes, color for stage and/or status etc etc
- DOD: Some kind of color coding can be seen in a manual test, stage or status, in the left panel "recent cases" list.
- (9)Add default filtering per user (typically of "closed" stages) and asimple way to "disable it" to view all.
- A simple check box under Settings to hide "closed stages"
- This results in a default filtering on status so that we always ignore closed cases BUT with some kind of user interface to easily also "show closed".
- DOD: There is a user checkbox setting called "Hide closed cases:" and there is some kind of user interface mechanism to easily "show closed" in all case tables.
- Implement selective copying of fields in Igor's SpawnAndLink plugin
- Currently you can only select forms to copy, not select individual fields.
- Make note (threads, flat) rendering with a better looking layout.
- Make Gjallar stylable with "themes"
- Make an admin UI for all Process settings (almost all numbers/booleans). Igor started one.
- Add support for Milestones
- Add support for SLAs (scripting?)
- Add support for IMAP when fetching emails
- Review the Permission model and simplify or make it usable as is (talk to Magnus Kling)
- Add support for Subversion commits, similar to Mercurial.
- Include the translation mechanism and document it.
- Improve the paging mechanism, need to be able to skip to last page etc.
- This is in fact a complicated task. Currently some queries do not answer the number of hits, so we don't know how many pages we have. Either we fix this to always find out the number of hits - or we at least add a way to "skip" to the last page.