In order to visualize what is being worked on, and to get feedback on the direction of Gjallar a Roadmap is needed. Below is the current plan. Also see Good ideas.
Plan for release 0.6, "Going for scale"
We need to find our limits in Gjallar and that is the goal for this release. How large can we scale? Does it get slow? Is it stable?
- Additional platform supported in the form of a parallell port to GemStone. Magma is still our default primary database solution. We are not anticipating many different ports so we are trying to maintain both in the same code base with an additional package to be loaded for GemStone and another for Squeak/Magma.
- Detailed description of how to setup a load balanced Gjallar on Debian Linux, Nginx, optionally HAProxy and separate Magma database image.
- Move to Logging package which now includes SimpleLog (which is the actual logging we use in Gjallar). Rationale: We need to start using UDP syslog when we play with clustered Seaside images.
- Performance tweaks made due to stress testing. We aim to load Gjallar with 100000 cases and rig some kind of simulated user load simulating 30+ concurrent users.
- No extra features planned, these will be worked on but merged later on in release 0.6.
Plan for release 0.7, "Fleshing it out"
Gjallar has lots of functionality that is not exposed in administration user interfaces - we need to fix that. We also need some minimal internal statistics and nice looking reports. And hey, a few cool features might be nice to attract people!
- Fill in missing administration UIs.
- Simple integrated reports/statistics.
- A first shot at "good looking reports" using some kind of 3rd party package.
- Implement the "weaving" interface that shows everything for a case strictly chronologically, including linked cases.
- Implement workflow movement by clicking on the graph.
- Looking at JQuery to replace Scriptaculous for the things we use it for:
- Tabbed UI (the one in JQuery/Seaside looks nice)
- Date picker (we would then eliminate one external js dependency)
- Wiki help expand